Does our schedule serve as proof? Let's not get it wrong though; our worth is not in our busy lives. We know that, but we don't always truly let it sink in. We find ourselves on the verge of insanity (ok, maybe that's a bit of exaggeration, but you get the point) and assume that since we can't seem to accomplish something, we have failed in our roles as mothers, daughters, students, employee, or wives. That doesn't make us "super." Neither does the world's opinion. So what does make you super?
- Your God- You are the daughter of the King of Kings. Don't you forget it. You are made in His image and have a huge role in your world. You are important, significant, you have a greater purpose than yourself, and all the powers of darkness can't stop what God has planned. Only YOU can. Stay in the Word and you will be equipped for every task.
- Your words- They help build people up and stand up for injustice.
- Your heart- You care for others and it compels you to act. If God's love is in you, you want to share it with others and help meet their needs.
- Your role- as a mother, wife, daughter, friend, employee, volunteer, student, etc. You have responsibilities and you get things done to the best of your ability, depending on God's grace to get it done. You play an important role in many people's lives and you are needed. You make a difference.
- Your routine- mundane as it may be, find joy in simple chores and schedules. You are blessed and equipped to accomplish the necessary things on your agenda. Learn to say "No" if your plate is full. There is nothing wrong with saying "No." The more projects and tasks we take on, the more stressed we may become and though we may get all things done, they may not get done as best as they could have been. Be organized and fair with yourself and family. Make time for family and friends.
- Your gifts- God has given us all gifts we can use in life to bring others joy and Him, glory. Do you like to write, paint, draw, or knit? What are you good at? If you've put your passion for something like this aside because of your busy schedule, I encourage you to take it up again; it's part of what makes you YOU and super! If you're not sure what you are passionate about or what you're good at, trust that there IS something! Pray and consider a hobby or join a friend with one of theirs. Do something and learn new things.
- The car we drive.
- The house/city we live in.
- Our bank accounts.
- The number of "likes" or friends on any social media.
- Our weight.
- Our college degrees.
- Our possessions.
- Our church attendance.
- The amount of money we give to charity.
- Worldly success.
Yes, we are super! Super able, super blessed, super equipped, super ready, super loved, super wanted, and super backed by our Heavenly Father! I'm not promoting self-idolization or self-sufficiency; we depend on God. In Him we live, and move, and have our being (Acts 17:28) He makes us who we are and the truth is beautiful when rightly understood.
Remember, super women need breaks and friends! Go be your super self today and bless someone!
Super Cynthia :)